Sunday, August 22, 2010

I love my kids

I was thinking the other day that lately I have focused on the things that my kids do that drive me crazy and not on the things I love and enjoy about them.  So here it goes.....

The things I love about Tommy:

  • He is crazy smart
  • He thinks if questions that I never would have at his age
  • He has a great smile
  • He takes care of Miles really well and loves to be his big brother
  • He loves Legos and Star Wars and lets everyone know
  • He has a great smile
  • He is a good older brother and a good help to his Mom
Things I love about Sheridan:

  • She can light things up when she smiles
  • She has beautiful blue eyes that can pierce you
  • When she cleans she works really hard
  • She likes to organize her stuff
  • She is has a silly laugh
  • She likes to read to her little sister and brother
  • She is starting to like fashion and shopping
  • She has no idea how smart or beautiful she is

Things I love about Rita:

  • She has a contagious laugh and smile
  • She can make me laugh no matter what
  • She is spunky
  • She looks up to her big sister
  • She likes to be Mommy's helper
  • She loves to be the center of attention
  • She loves to sing

Things I love about Miles:

  • He makes me smile
  • He loves his Mommy
  • He loves his brother and his sisters
  • He is fearless in the swimming pool
  • He loves to play with the dogs and is so independent with them
  • He is crazy strong and soooo cute
  • He is very smart and is obedient to his Mommy
  • He reminds me of his Daddy
So not that that is everything I love about them but the things that stick out about each of them.  I am very grateful for my children.  I am grateful I have pieces of John and I can see him in them.  It has been a challenge to figure out how I am going to get through losing John and I know it is difficult for them as well.  I struggle with figuring out our new "normal" and what that should be.  I was told by someone in grief counseling that it takes 18-24 months to figure out the new normal and I can see that.  It has been 10 1/2 months since John died and I have figured out some but there is still so much more for us to figure out.  (When I typed 10 1/2 months I realized that is how old Miles was when John died. Weird that he is reaching more of his life without John than with him.  I know he will not remember him, but that thought still makes me sad.)  We struggle daily and I realize that how I deal with things directly reflects on how my children look and handle things.  It makes me continue to try and not give up!

1 comment: