Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I hate being a single mom!

There are few things that I can say I truly hate, but being a single mom is one of those few things!  However women get to be a single mom I don' think it is ever easy.  Even with the help of friends and family (which are wonderful to help and ever appreciated) it is never the same as having someone to co-parent in the home.  The idea that some women actually choose to be a single mom baffles me.  Maybe they don't know how hard it really is.  The idea that you are it!  The idea that you can't say," Wait until your father comes home!".  That there is no break in the day.  That you can't decide to go on a quick walk by yourself and feel comfortable leaving your kids alone at home. That you can't just run  to the store.  Having to figure out how to get kids all to school at different times and still get to work on time.  Having to arrange help to get open houses covered for kids with conflicting schedule. Having to handle all the discipline and figure out what to do with each child.  Having no back-up when the kids are fighting that discipline ou decided on.  Having no one to talk to at the end of the day, about the day. Having no one that is as completely invested in your children as you to understand the challenges with raising them and love them through it! And those are just a few of the things.

So to those women that choose it...more power to you.  As for me I think it is for the birds.  For whatever reason it has chosen me and I will do my best to rise above it, but I really really hate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment