Saturday, July 24, 2010

Big decisons...I hate making them alone

OK, OK, I know that through prayer and personal revelation Heavenly Father can help me make the decisions so I am not alone understand that, but you know what I mean. I hate making adult decisions at time anyways, but not having John here to talk about it, bounce ideas off of, and get confirmation that we BOTH got the same answer from Heavenly Father stinks!

I have the house in Harlingen for sale and I got an offer on it. Amazing since it has only been on the market for 3 weeks and because I have not gotten the painting done that i thought it needed. Well, it is am offer but it is lower than I wanted. Notice I said wanted not needed! Well, I thought I had priced the house lower than other comparable ones in the area. I knew I would probably have to give a little. No one like to offer asking price, we all want to get a deal! I am grateful for the offer and I have decided to accept it, but I guess with not having John to talk to about it, I just feel a little unsure. Everyone is telling me to take the offer of course, but I just long to talk to John about it. I still remember when we decided to buy the house. When I was packing to move to San Antonio, I came across a list if pros/cons about the house in Harlingen that John and I made when trying to decide if to buy it. It brought back those memories of house hunting and all the plans we had for YEARS and YEARS in that house. Now, 2 1/2 years later John is gone, and I am selling it. It is just hard. I feel a little ungrateful with having a hard time making the decision, because I know it is a blessing to get an viable offer so soon. I have other family members and friends unable to sell their houses, so why am I complaining. I think part of it is about control. I have not been able to control things in my life with John's illness and everything to follow, that I just wish I could plan/ control everything the way I want. There goes that word again....want not need!

So one important adult decision mad by myself down....one million more to go (in a lifetime I would guess?). And here is to focusing on our needs and not our wants!

No comments:

Post a Comment